Thursday, July 17, 2014

Juventus confirm Allegri appointment

Juventus have confirmed the
appointment of Massimiliano
Allegri as their new head coach.
The Serie A champions were
looking for a new trainer
following the shock departure of Antonio Conte on Tuesday
and they have now named the former AC Milan coach as their
new boss.
"For me it is an honour to be called as coach of Juventus," he
told reporters at a press conference to reveal his arrival on
Wednesday. "I am content and happy to coach Juventus.
"Today and tomorrow I begin my work. I am at the club's
disposal. I know this is an important role. Juventus have won
the Scudetto for three straight years, I am here to continue
to winning with this team.
"I am lucky because for four years I had the fortune to
coach Milan, and now I have the opportunity to coach another
big team like Juventus. It is an honour and I want to keep
winning.
"We will fight for the Scudetto until the bitter end. In
Europe we have a duty to put in a big showing in the
Champions League."
Allegri had been out of work ever since he was fired by the
San Siro side back in January and he will now be looking to
redeem himself at Juve.
The 46-year-old started his coaching career at Aglianese
and also took charge of Real SPAL, Grosseto, Sassuolo and
Cagliari before taking over at Milan in 2010.
He guided the San Siro outfit to the Serie A title in his first
season, but failed to replicate that feat in the following
seasons - partially due to the departure of stars such as
Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Allegri will be looking to guide Juventus - who confirmed the
deal on their Twitter - to their fourth consecutive Scudetto,
while the club's board of directors will also expect European
success.
Juventus were disappointingly eliminated in the group stages
of the Champions League last term after making it to the
quarter-finals the season before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Comment